The Harris County Department of Education formed the Center for Afterschool, Summer and Enrichment (CASE) for Kids formerly the Cooperative for After-School Enrichment in 1999, to mobilize the community to work together to ensure that every child in Harris County has access to an after-school program. CASE for Kids has been endorsed by all 25 Houston/Harris County School Superintendents. After-school programs keep kids safe, help working families, and improve academic achievement.
CASE for Kids VISION:
That every child in Harris County has access to a quality after-school program.
CASE for Kids MISSION:
Strengthen, support and sustain after-school.
CASE for Kids is moving forward to accomplish two goals:
• Increase the number of after-school programs and the capacity of existing after-school programs
• Improve the quality of after-school programs in Houston/Harris County
CASE for Kids employs three strategies to achieve these goals:
Fundraising and Grant making to cultivate new sources of funds and to participate in community oversight of funds by:
• Identifying funding opportunities
• Cultivating new sources of funds from foundations, corporations, and individual donors
• Creating grant making systems for distribution of funds
• Convening collaborative partners to respond to funding opportunities
Promoting Program Quality Improvement by providing training and technical assistance to after-school providers, and by furthering the field of after-school program research.
Cultivating Community Commitment to after-school programs by recognizing their importance in the healthy development of children, families, and communities.