That every child in Harris County has access to a quality after-school program.
Strengthen, support and sustain after-school.
CASE is moving forward to accomplish two goals:
• Increase the number of after-school programs and the capacity of existing after-school programs
• Improve the quality of after-school programs in Houston/Harris County
CASE employs three strategies to achieve these goals:
Fundraising and Grant making to cultivate new sources of funds and to participate in community oversight of funds by:
• Identifying funding opportunities
• Cultivating new sources of funds from foundations, corporations, and individual donors
• Creating grant making systems for distribution of funds
• Convening collaborative partners to respond to funding opportunities
Promoting Program Quality Improvement by providing training and technical assistance to after-school providers, and by furthering the field of after-school program research.
• Kids’ Day Series
• After-School Initiative
Cultivating Community Commitment to after-school programs by recognizing their importance in the healthy development of children, families, and communities.
• After-School Partnership Fair
• Lights-On! After-School